Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a HOME OWNER!


I purchased my first home on July 15, 2009! I still have to take a deep breath to calm myself each time I say it outloud. I knew the minute I went to see the house I wanted it, and as crazy as it sounds it was the yard that sold me...you will understand this if you've seen my yard! It is definatly a project and a project is something I've been looking for for quite a while. The feeling that this is my own and I can be as creative as I want is so refreshing. Though I must admit how overwhelming it can be as well. A lady lived in this house for 20+ years and was an avid gardner. She was also obsessed with concrete blocks, they are everywhere!! They are used as pathways, to make raised beds, water diverters, and apparantly just whatever she wanted! I cannot tell you how many blocks I've dug up; nor do I want to go there myself, and there are oh so many more to go! But, it's all in the journey right? Unfortunatly, she grew ill (or crazy!) and the yard is now horribly overgrown. But, I'm having fun working in it every chance I get, constantly saying to myself, 'Slowly but surely'. My yard has come to be a project for my family as well! Thankfully, they are all willing to help me any way they can. I found the above picture online, it's an inspiration of my garden to be! I'll upload some pictures of my house and yard soon!

1 comment:

  1. HOLA, MUY LINDO TU BLOG... PODRÌAS SEGUIR EL MIO PLEASE, APOYANOS... www.bienesraices1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete