Tuesday, January 12, 2010

10 Gardening Resolutions for 2010

I came across the following resolutions on the website, oglecountynews.com, Enjoy!

1. Understand you share your garden with many creatures that need food and shelter.
Well, about the only other creature, besides my dog Lucy that I care about feeding are the birds! I have a bird feeder I try to keep full and got a bird bath for Christmas. So, I'm willing to share my garden with Birds...and really that's it!

2. Plant Natives.
One of my Birthday presents was a book of Georgia Native Plants...Perfect!

3. Remove Invasives
Working on it!

4. Enroll in a Gardening Course.
I've been eyeing a few the Botanical Gardens is offering this Spring.

5. Donate Excess Produce.
I like this idea, but don't think I'll be quite at the level of donating this year!!

6. Buy Gardening Accessories.
Another Birthday present was Lowe's gift cards!!

7. Change your garden's appearance.
This is one of my personal 2010 resolutions!!

8. Plant heirloom flowers and veggies.
I consider my style to be classic...so I think this is a great resolution for the garden!

9. Practice less poisonous plant disease and insect controls.

10. Buy Local.
I'm a member of locallygrown.net, it's local farms that have their produce for sale. I like to buy some of my veggies there each week!

Bring on 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment